Stows Waste Management recognises our role in providing waste management, removal, transportation, treatment and disposal services to industry including for domestic sewerage and prescribed waste. We respond quickly in an environmentally responsible manner to our customer’s waste management needs throughout the greater Melbourne area. Through proactively managing the service frequencies of our customers, we are assisting in managing their environmental footprint.
Our employees understand and are committed to our environmental policy and related procedures and acknowledge their environmental responsibilities in relation to the operation of our systems and procedures.
The Stows Waste Management Environmental Policy is shared with our community, customers, suppliers, contractors, neighbours and other interested stakeholders. We also work actively with government and the community on relevant environmental issues and opportunities.
Stows Waste Management will systematically review and improve our environmental performance.
Examples of improvement outcomes include:
- 100,000 litres of rainwater storage on our site in Campbellfield used for vehicle washing
- Eco Friendly pressure washer
- Carbon offsets through annual donations to Greenfleet
- All new fleet purchases are Euro 5 emission
- Fleet of well-maintained trucks that optimise fuel usage
- Use of Ad Blue to neutralise diesel emissions to the atmosphere.
- Our vacuum pump system switches off intermittently which reduces emissions and waste oil
- Recycled textiles used for rags
- Grease Trap waste collected goes to composting
- Landfill reduction through sorting and recycling materials collected
- Energy efficient lighting used in our offices
- Local materials and suppliers preferred to reduce transportation
Stows Waste Management provides management, removal, transport and disposal of domestic sewerage and prescribed waste to industry. In recognition of our customers’ service needs, we have implemented a Quality Management System (QMS) which ensures we:
- Identify our customers’ service requirements
- Deliver consistent service of the highest standard
- Seek feedback from all stakeholders on the suitability and satisfaction with our service.
- Review and improve our effectiveness and efficiency
We aim to achieve excellent levels of customer satisfaction through demonstrating a high commitment to customer service combined with the involvement and dedication of all employees to continually improve our performance.
To acknowledge our level of commitment to the delivery of quality services, our quality management system is certified to ISO9001-2009 Quality Management Systems. Through implementation of the QMS, we ensure we meet all legal and regulatory requirements and consistently meet and strive to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Our management system requires the establishment of measurable quality objectives that demonstrate the commitment to continuous improvement consistent with the intent of this policy.The continuing suitability of the QMS and the company’s progress towards achieving its quality objectives are maintained by formal reviews of its operation undertaken by the management group.
Health, Safety and Environment
Stows Waste Management is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees and anyone affected by our undertakings, including contractors and visitors.
To achieve this, we commit to:
- Comply with all relevant OHS legislation.
- Proactively identify and control health and safety hazards within our workplace and operations.
- Provide fit-for-purpose and well maintained equipment.
- Establish safe systems of work that comply with statutory requirements.
- Consult with workers and other relevant parties to ensure they are involved and have the opportunity to contribute to decisions that may affect health and safety.
- Encourage reporting of all safety incidents and situations likely to be hazardous to identify contributing factors and take action to prevent a recurrence.
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision to workers as necessary to enable work to be performed in a manner that is safe and without risks to health.
- Provide necessary human and financial resources including sourcing external expertise as required.
- Aim for continuous improvement in our health and safety performance.
- Periodically review and improve our health and safety management system to ensure it remains effective.
The objectives of our health and safety program are to:
- Have zero work related injuries and illnesses
- Have effective and meaningful workplace consultation on health and safety matters
- Systematically identify and control health and safety risks.
- Provide all employees and contractors with adequate equipment, systems, information, training, instruction and supervision to ensure work is carried out in the safest possible manner.